IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the high volume of people trying to access home learning sites – such as Education City, SATS Companion, and Times Tables Rockstar – providers have been struggling to cope with demand. We have contacted these providers, and they have advised us that they are working on this and hope to make the necessary improvements as soon as possible.
In the meantime, please refer to the list below, or follow the link to Oxford Owl’s advice page for fun home learning ideas.
If you need additional work for your child…
Education City – Your child should have been provided with a login to Education City, where their teacher will set tasks on a range of subjects, as well as offering optional tasks to promote further learning.
- Twinkl – A website that offers resources for all manner of lessons, and is often used by teachers across the country. Currently, Twinkl are offering a free month for parents homeschooling:
– www.twinkl.co.uk/offer – Use code CVDTWINKLHELPS for free access.
- Classroom Secrets – Classroom Secrets offers fantastic resources, whole lessons and worksheets for a range of topics, but is particularly effective for teaching Maths.
- ReadTheory – Read Theory is a free website that assesses children and then tailors reading activities for them, giving them appropriate challenges that help them to make progress and succeed.
- Phonics Play – Phonics Play offers games, planning and activities to help parents and teachers help early readers in their development of reading.
www.phonicsplay.co.uk – Use Username march20 and Password home
- Times Tables Rockstars – Your child should have been provided with a login to TTR, where they can practice their Times Tables in a fun and engaging way, whilst earning points. This will help them with their quick retrieval of multiplication facts.
- Topmarks – Topmarks offer a range of fun and engaging games which help children to practice and ember their basic arithmetic skills.