Together the team works with students so they can lead fulfilling and balanced lives at school and beyond. All our staff model to students how to look after themselves and others, encouraging them to seek help or support and advice when they need it. Pastoral care underpins personal development and we know that with pastoral care, students feel they belong and their self-esteem is able to flourish because they feel valued and cared for.
Supporting the pastoral needs of pupils may involve working with external agencies. In these situations we ensure that a confidential, professional, non-judgemental and sensitive service is provided.
Supporting Pupils with Medical Needs
E-ACT is committed to ensuring that all students with medical conditions can access and enjoy the same opportunities as any other student and that they are able to play a full and active role in school life, remain healthy and achieve their academic potential.
E-ACT will ensure that its academies implement and maintain an effective management system for the administration of medicines to all students in our care in order to ensure that appropriate support is provided to individual students with medical needs.
Please contact our SENCO, Miss Gemma Spence on 0161 740 2185 , if you have any questions regarding your child’s medical needs.
- Bernie Mather
- Charlotte Kenyon
- Matthew Nuttall
- Rhonda Alleyne
- Marie Dunbavin
Our School Nurse –
The mission of school nurses is multi-faceted and includes:
- Providing preventive services
- Identifying problems in the earliest stages
- Overseeing interventions and referrals as a way to foster health and ensure educational success
Aimee will strive to deliver a variety of training sessions for parents, staff and pupils, which include:
- Parent information sessions e.g. headlice, healthy lunches, sun protection, asthma and many more.
- Staff training in relation to asthma and epi pens.
- Educate children on looking after their teeth.
- Educate children on how their bodies will change as they grow older.
- Dietary advice for children based around deepening their understanding of looking after their teeth.
- Health assessments
- Child medical plan meetings
Please keep an eye out in school, on the website and on our twitter account for information on planned sessions with the school nurse. If you wish to speak to our school nurse, please inform Miss Spence or Rhonda who can arrange this for you.